This is by far one of my favorite salads. Typically I will eat this with just the beets, goat cheese and dressing, but today I decided to add some mixed greens.
Some people prefer roasted beets with blue cheese, and that’s also quite delicious. However, I just adore the earthy sweetness of the beets with the cool creaminess of the goat cheese. And of course the lemon dressing adds additional zing.
I tend to always order roasted beets of some kind when they’re offered on a restaurant menu; but lately I’ve started roasting my own at home and enjoying them a couple of times a month.
If you’re new to roasting beets check out my roasted beets recipe, it’s really simple. Otherwise, if you don’t feel like making the beets yourself, check your local grocery store for beets that are already roasted and ready to use. However, I don’t recommend canned or pickled beets for this recipe.
Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- 2 cups Roasted Beets quartered
- 4 ounces Goat Cheese crumbled
- 5 ounces Spring Mix washed
- 4 tbsp Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing see recipe link above
- pinch Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, add the mixed greens and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Add the vinaigrette and toss gently
- Divide the greens on each plate, add 1/2 cup of beets and 1 ounce of the goat cheese
- Top with a little more freshly ground pepper, if desired, and serve
Leave a Reply