Salmon salad is my go-to salad of choice, especially when I’m working on my nutrition. I do the 21 Day Fix portion control diet, so prepping these in advance is a great way to stay on track.
This layered salad is easy because I can dump it on a plate, drizzle the creamy tarragon dressing over the top and enjoy my lunch while I’m working at my computer.
These days, I’m working from home and also helping my daughter with her remote learning plan. So, having prepped meals that are healthy is a plus. (If only I could get her to eat the same…)
What is in this salmon salad?
- Grilled Salmon (I use a grill pan)
- Yellow bell pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Kalamata olives
- Mini cucumbers (seedless)
- Arugula – Spinach mix
- Fresh tarragon leaves
The dressing is very simple to make. It’s just greek yogurt, mayo, tarragon, lemon juice and zest with a little dijon mustard and red wine vinegar all mixed together.
21 Day Fix Containers
If you follow the 21 Day Fix plan, below are the containers in this high protein salad: 1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Orange, and 1 Blue.
Layered Salmon Salad with Creamy Tarragon Dressing
- Mason Jars
- 8 oz Salmon fresh
- 1 ea Yellow bell pepper
- 5 ea Cherry tomatoes halved
- 10 ea Kalamata olives pitted
- 1 cup Arugula – Spinach mix or other greens
- 6 oz Greek yogurt plain, 0% fat
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 1/4 cup Tarragon leaves fresh
- 1 tsp Lemon juice fresh
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 Tsp Fresh cracked pepper
- Grill the boneless, skinless salmon on a grill pan or grill until medium to medium well and set aside to rest.
- While the salmon cooks, prep the veggies – wash and chop the cucumbers, peppers, and tomatoes.
- Make the dressing by combining the the yogurt, mayo, tarragon, dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and zest in a blender. Add the salt and pepper and adjust to desired taste, then refrigerate.
- Once the salmon has cooled, assemble the salads in the mason jars. Add the items in order: peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, salmon, greens and herbs.
- Refrigerate. To serve place the salad on a plate and drizzle with the dressing.