This has been my go to soup this year during the colder months. I have been working from home and being able to heat up a bowl of this hearty, comforting soup for a quick lunch has been great.
I love how nourishing it is. It has so much flavor and texture and the hint of rosemary always brings me back to Tuscany. Plus, this soup is so incredibly healthy. It is loaded with heart healthy fiber from the beans and the farro.
So what is in the soup?
- Cannellini Beans
- Vegetable Broth
How do you make it?
This soup comes together so quickly. Simply open a couple of cans of beans and tomatoes and chop a few vegetables, and it’s on the stove simmering away in no time.
Tuscan White Bean Soup with Farro
- 2 cans Cannellini Beans
- 1/4 cup Farro uncooked
- 1 large Zucchini 1/4" pieces
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes fire roasted
- 1 cup Carrots sliced
- 1 cup Kale
- 1 med. Onion diced
- 1 stalk Celery sliced
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 32 ounces Vegetable Broth low sodium
- 1 tsp Salt Kosher
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Freshly ground
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- Chop the vegetables and open the canned beans and tomatoes
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy bottomed stockpot over medium heat
- Add the onions and celery and stir frequently until they start to soften, then add the garlic and cook for about 1-2 minutes stirring
- Add the Zucchini, Carrots and Tomatoes and cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Add the Cannellini beans, the Farro, the Vegetable Broth and the Rosemary sprigs and bring to a boil
- Lower heat to simmer and add salt and pepper to taste, let cook for about 15 minutes
- Add the Kale and cook for another 5-10 minutes, but do not let the vegetables over cook
- Adjust salt and pepper if needed and remove the Rosemary sprigs
- The beans and Farro may absorb a lot of the broth, so add more water to create your desired consistency.