This is an amazing way to add a ton of flavor to your cooking, and it’s easy to make.
I roast garlic covered with olive oil slowly in the oven. It produces lovely roasted garlic cloves and a delicious garlic infused oil. Typically I make this a couple of times a month. I use it in soups, dressings, sauces and marinades. Or sometimes I just slather a piece of crusty bread with the soft roasted garlic and a little oil and eat it as a treat!
It will last in the fridge for about a week. I simply put the cloves and oil in a mason jar until I want to use it. Then I pull it out, let it sit for a few minutes to let the oil melt (it hardens in the fridge) and throw the cloves in marinara or soups.
Give a whirl! It will likely become part of your repertoire especially if you love garlic like I do! Not to mention it makes the house smell divine!
- Take 3-4 bulbs of garlic and cut the bottom off with a serrated knife
- Cover with olive oil (1-2 cups)
- Cover with tin foil tightly
- Roasted at 275 degrees for 1-1.5 hours
- Let cool completely
- Refrigerate immediately
- Do not leave oil out for too long. It must be kept in the fridge.
Let me know what you think!
Leave a Reply